WMC is collecting donations for Samaritan's Purse "Operation Christmas Child." All donations are due by November 5th and can be placed in collection bins in the Gathering Space. Monetary donations are needed as well.
- Small toys: cars, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, light up items with extra batteries, doll, slinky, etch-a-sketch, play dough
- School Supplies: pens, pencils with sharpeners, crayons, paper, markers, small notebooks, string bag, index cards, tape
- Non-liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, pocket mirror, lip balm
- Crafts: make your own items like hair bows, friendship bracelets, finger puppets
- Other: plastic cup or bowl, small musical instrument, flash light with extra batteries, t-shirts, hair clips, sunglasses, socks
- Monetary Donations: $9.00 is needed to accompany each box (for shipping and administrative costs).
- We can also use money to buy items to include in the boxes (imagine a soccer ball and pump in every box).
- Donation checks can be made to WMSUMC with Operation Christmas Child in the re: line.
Items NOT ALLOWED:
- Powders, Liquids, Gels of any kind (no drink mixes, toothpaste, lotions, etc.)
- Food or Candy of any kind (not even hard candies or fruit snacks)
- War-related items of any kind (no toy guns, knives, or military figures)
- Medications (not even vitamins)
- Breakable items (no snow globes or glass containers)
- Aerosol cans of any kind